AFE Student Chapter of the Year Award
AFE 198 - Cal Maritime
AFE Region 4 - Pacific Northwestern Region
California State University Maritime Academy
Nathaniel Gorman, President
Frederick Pond, Vice President
About The AFE Student Chapter of the Year Award
The AFE Student Chapter of the Year Award recognizes the AFE Student Chapter that, over the previous twelve months, has shown the most significant advances with regard to:
- Membership Growth – Honoree demonstrated consistent membership growth.
- Membership Retention – Honoree served as a model for membership retention.
- Average GPA – Honoree demonstrated leadership in promoting academic achievement by maintaining a high average GPA calculated by averaging the GPAs of each chapter member.
- Community Service – Honoree demonstrated leadership by addressing needs in the surrounding community through volunteerism.
- Membership Engagement – Honoree modeled robust membership engagement by organizing / hosting meetings, events, professional development activities or an annual AFE Day.
- Representative Participation in AFE Events and Initiatives – Honoree demonstrated leadership by ensuring chapter representation at national AFE events and participation in national AFE initiatives.
Each Nominee for this award must:
- Be an active AFE Student Chapter that maintained its active status for the entire previous twelve months; and
- Meet the criteria for this award.
AFE 198 - Cal Maritime
AFE Region 4
AFE 199 - Mass Maritime
Buzzards Bay, MA
AFE Region 8
AFE 193 - Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
San Luis Obispo, CA
AFE Region 6
Name this Award
Do you know of someone for whom this award should be named? For example, how does The Stan Nakaso AFE Student Chapter of the Year Award sound? If someone claimed the sponsorship for this award and named it for Stan Nakaso, this award would be forever known as The Nakaso Award. It is really that simple. Just one caveat: This award must be named for a natural person, either living or deceased, who has in some way been connected to the built environment. Benefits of The AFE HonorsTM Naming Rights Sponsorship also include:
- Opportunity to help select the recipient each year.
- Company logo and website link displayed on the AFE website.
- Company logo and website link included in the promotional emails for The AFE Honors™.
- Invitation to attend the award ceremony each year.
- Press Release recognition for the Annual Business Meeting & Leadership Conference (ABMLC) each year.
- Advertisement in event directory / program for the Annual Business Meeting & Leadership Conference (ABMLC) each year.
- Invitation to a special Thank You reception for AFE Sponsors.